December 27, 2009

Faces and Bad Colouring


This one started, as they almost always do, with my drawing an eye and then drawing a face around it. I think I need to figure out cell shading a little better. (Or maybe a lot better.) It's not supposed to be anyone, it just has eyebrows that kind of make it look like it is. I almost never try and draw people that actually look like a person, as they almost never turn out looking anything like the subject.


This one was me playing at drawing people like I had been drawing them for Licking Darkness. I might consider a new style once I have figured out this tablet business a little better. The comment about colouring came about because I literally coloured the whole thing by using the stylus to colour it in manually. I have now figured out how to colour large surfaces with a little less trouble, (Thanks Penny Arcade!) but I still can't make it look good.

No comments:

Post a Comment